Home - Local News

Local News

Update for UA Travel Card Members

January 30, 2013

Attention: UA Travel Card Members - January 30, 2013

Due to the low volume of dispatch requests from contractors and the high number of existing Travel Cards in deposit with UA Local 179, work is not currently available for new travel card members.  

UA Local 179 Welcomes and respects all UA Travellers.

Local Member Call Out takes place Daily at 10:00 am.

For Travel Card Members hoping to get dispatched Please Do Not contact UA Local 179 until after 2:00pm.

Travellers cannot be dispatched before Local Member Call Out is complete.

Phone: 1-877-893-2179 for recording for daily updates on current available work.


UA Travel Card Members requirements to work in Saskatchewan are:

         Travel Card or Travel Letter must be received by UA Local 179 prior to dispatch (Card Must Follow Travel Letter).

         Pre-Access Alcohol and Drug Screen (Job # Number and Details provided at time of Dispatch).

         Reciprocal Agreement must be completed by all UA Travel Card Members once you are dispatched to ensure your Pension Health & Welfare is sent to your home local.

         Valid CSTS Safety Disk

         Valid Rights and Responsibilities

         Valid Trade Tickets

         Valid Saskatchewan Weld Tickets P1 / F3 / F4.

Welding Basic Pressure Ticket is the Minimum Requirement. Saskatchewan Boiler Branch information will be provided to convert your existing weld tickets to Saskatchewan. (UA Local 179 then requires a copy of your Valid Saskatchewan weld tickets).

         Subsistence will require two proof of residence as set within the Saskatchewan Industrial Collective Bargaining Agreement:
- Income Tax Assessment
- Property Tax Assessment
- Unemployment Insurance
- Utility Receipt

         Appropriate Work Clothing: (cold weather climate / live plant construction).

         Member Void Check is required for Contractor Payroll Automatic Deposit.

Please note: Personal cell phone use is prohibited on all Saskatchewan Job Sites; And Standard Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided (i.e. safety glasses, gloves, coveralls & hearing protection).

We are certainly here to help but please do everything you can to be prepared!




<< Back


Looking for a career in the Piping Trades?



May General Membership Meeting

UA Canada's letter of solidarity with the CBTU

UA Local 179 Golf Tournament


More News >>


Passing of UA member Thomas Alberts

Passing of UA member Blair Stuart

Passing of UA member Leo Watchel

Come and Go Tribute to Tanner Tarasoff

More Memorial News >>


Unemployed Workers Help Centre If you hear family, friends, neighbors', etc mentioning they are or someone they know is having issues with EI, you can tell them that there is an outfit, the UWHC, which is supported by your union that gives help to any worker having trouble with their EI claim. Check out the website by clicking the link below:

Click the image below to read


UA Local 179

402 Solomon Drive, Regina, Saskatchewan S4N 5A8
Tel: 306-569-0624
Fax: 306-781-8052
Toll Free: 1-877-893-2179 (in Saskatchewan only)
Call Out Line: 306-569-3641