Home - Local News
Update for UA Travel Card Members
January 30, 2013
Travel Card Members - January 30, 2013
Due to the low volume of dispatch requests from contractors and the high number of existing Travel Cards in deposit with UA Local 179, work is not currently available for new travel card members.
UA Local 179 Welcomes and respects all UA Travellers.
Local Member Call Out takes place Daily at 10:00 am.
For Travel Card Members hoping to get dispatched Please Do Not contact UA Local 179 until after 2:00pm.
Travellers cannot be dispatched before Local Member Call Out is complete.
Phone: 1-877-893-2179 for recording for daily updates on current available work.
UA Travel Card Members requirements to work in Saskatchewan are:
· Travel Card or Travel Letter must be received by UA Local 179 prior to dispatch (Card Must Follow Travel Letter).
· Pre-Access Alcohol and Drug Screen (Job # Number and Details provided at time of Dispatch).
· Reciprocal Agreement must be completed by all UA Travel Card Members once you are dispatched to ensure your Pension Health & Welfare is sent to your home local.
· Valid CSTS Safety Disk
· Valid Rights and Responsibilities
· Valid Trade Tickets
· Valid Saskatchewan Weld Tickets P1 / F3 / F4.
Welding Basic Pressure Ticket is the Minimum Requirement. Saskatchewan Boiler Branch information will be provided to convert your existing weld tickets to Saskatchewan. (UA Local 179 then requires a copy of your Valid Saskatchewan weld tickets).
Subsistence will require two proof of residence as set
within the Saskatchewan Industrial Collective Bargaining Agreement:
- Income Tax Assessment
- Property Tax Assessment
- Unemployment Insurance
- Utility Receipt
· Appropriate Work Clothing: (cold weather climate / live plant construction).
· Member Void Check is required for Contractor Payroll Automatic Deposit.
Please note: Personal
cell phone use is prohibited on all Saskatchewan Job Sites; And Standard
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided (i.e. safety glasses, gloves,
coveralls & hearing protection).
We are certainly here to help but please do everything you can to be prepared!
Looking for a career in the Piping Trades?
LOCAL 179 NEWS
May General Membership Meeting
UA Canada's letter of solidarity with the CBTU
Click the image below to read